So it’s January and winter is officially here to stay. Here in Chicago we got a few days of abnormal warm weather but it looks like those days are long gone. We now have to bundle up like eskimos just to keep warm and you may be wondering how to do that and still remain stylish.
Well lucky for you I put on my Stylist hat, and have shared some fashionable tips to help you stay warm and stylish this winter. Get out those pens!
1. Layer Up – A great way to pull off a stylish winter look is to layer. Got a leather jacket and an awesome fur vest? Layer the vest over the jacket for an unexpected twist and added warmth. Play with different pieces in your closet.
2. Winterize – You don’t necessarily have to say bye-bye to your warm weather clothes. Pull your spring and summer dresses out from the back of your closet and pair them with a blazer and/or thick, opaque tights to keep rockin’ them all throughout winter.
3. Knee High Boots – Knee high boots are fashionable and you can wear knee high socks or leg warmers under them for even more warmth.
4. Infinity Scarf – If you do only one thing this winter, I suggest it be getting yourself an infinity scarf. These things are genius. I’ve had mine for years now and it is my favorite cold weather accessory. They are extra thick to keep your neck and chest warm and some can even be worn on your head as well for a full wrap around piece. Perfection.
5. Statement Coat – The days of wearing that huge puffer coat your Mom made you wear when you were little are over. Get yourself a nice statement coat that stands out in a crowd. Go for a bold or two-toned color that makes you excited to show off your fabulous coat.
6. Top It Off – A majority of the heat in our bodies escapes through the top of our heads so get yourself a cute hat to trap it in! You don’t always have to go with a regular winter hat look, a big floppy hat is just as effective too.
I hope you found these winter style tips helpful! Are there any others that you would add to this list?